[ale] OT: transmitting cable tv wirelessly

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Dec 15 15:04:58 EST 2002

Just an rfi, what's prohibitive specifically when attempting to broadcast
cable television signals wirelessly?

For example, the builder of our house chose the most unusual and
inconvenient locations for cable jacks.  Why can't I purchase a unit that
could plug into the cable jack and transmit to a receiver I attach to my
television?  I've looked around and found nothing available for this, so
I'm assuming there's something that makes it infeasible, as it would be a
very useful tool to have.

Can anyone shed some light here?

Thanks,
John