[ale] Phillips CD patent

Jim Popovitch jimpop at rocketship.com
Sun Dec 15 14:51:28 EST 2002

LOL.  That letter is too funny.  Brian must see some impending doom in his
near future and he is trying to create work in order to look busy. (This is
known as Lawyers' Religion).  Somewhere Phillips/Sony got a hold of a list
of companies and they are just trying to scare people into buying only their
"approved" CD vendors.  I honestly can't fault Brian for trying this.... BUT
the unwritten words might suggest that Phillips and or Sony are having
problems (IE: experiencing Revenue Losses) with others who are abusing their
patents.  Sure there would some legal issue there.... but the bigger story
would be the affect of Revenue Loss on Phillips and/or Sony's bottom line.
:)

Send a copy of that letter to the local press.... get some coverage.  ;)

-Jim P.