[ale] Phillips CD patent

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Dec 14 20:27:20 EST 2002

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> IANAL either, and a copy of the letter from Phillips might make much
> confusion go away, but I understood the issue to be the use of blank media
> from manufacturers who are not paying for the use of the technology. As
> such, perhaps, and IANAL, the legal theory may fall more on the side of
> knowingly receiving stolen goods

Unlikely I would think.  How is it that you would know that the
manufacture did not pay the royalty fees?  You don't.  If I steal a
electronic piece of equipment and you buy it from me at a yard sale, you
are not aware of the crime, therefore it's unlikely that you would be
even charged.  IANALANWTB...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...