[ale] OT: camcorder/camera combos

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Dec 10 16:45:15 EST 2002

I've got a sony camcorder that has a memory stick, usb, firewire and
takes stills.  You won't get the resolution stills you do with standard
still digital cams, but they are nice.  It also will create mjpegs, but
unfortunately, there's a limitation of, I believe 15 seconds max.

Drew and I figured this out one afternoon.  It appears taht the 15
seconds translates to, yeah, you guessed it, 1.44 mb.  Sad thing, as
I've got a 128mb memory stick.

I've pulled images off of the memstick via the usb, it mounts via scsi
emulation as vfat.  I've done capture via the s-video out.

I've not played with the firewire port, only because there's just so
much time in the day.

If you want more info, let me know I'll dig up the specs.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...