[ale] OT: camcorder/camera combos

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Tue Dec 10 16:04:38 EST 2002

not sure about penguin friendly, but panasonic makes some ones with good
video specs.  not sure of digital camera specs, but buydig.com has then for
less than $500 for some MiniDV models.  i bought my digital camera from them
and had no problems.

Good luck!  I'll be interested what other people have to say about this.
Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: John Wells [mailto:jb at sourceillustrated.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 4:01 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] OT: camcorder/camera combos

I've a baby on the way and with Christmas almost here, I think it's
finally time to invest in a camcorder.  I'd like to get something linux
friendly in that it'd be nice to be able to transfer video over.  In
addition, I'd like to be able to use it as a digital camera.

Picky, ain't I?  Does such a camera exist?  If so, are any fairly
affordable and penguin-friendly?

Thanks for the help.

John

information that is intended only for use by the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,
or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.
In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copies
of this transmission.  Thank you.