[ale] Another Reason to use OSS in Government

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 7 06:19:31 EST 2002

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 13:28, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
>
>> This is why, in this day and age, I'd only recommend (wink
>>to Jim Kinney) Fully Auditable Code.
>>
>>- Jeff
>

> I'm in favor of a fully auditable government!

Every gov't elected official, appointee, and employee could be
issued with a tiny voice-and-video feed that sends its
output to an Internet site that allows anyone to see
exactly what they're doing and saying at any time, and
which they're required to wear while "on the clock". Sort
of Big Brother in reverse.

Cheers,

-- Joe