[ale] interesting utilities

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Dec 4 15:36:24 EST 2002

Seems like I run across a new tool daily that's either fun to play or very
useful, or both.

I'd love to learn about cool tools from other ale'rs, so I was wondering
what others thought about creating a new subject format (CT: for cool
tool, IT: for interesting tool, UT: for utility, FYI: or some other cheesy
tag line) to use when posting something we've run across that we think
other may not (or may) know about.

Way I see it, using and learning Linux is sort of an ongoing journey, and
I'd like to throw up interesting spots on the map with which my path
converges.

Of course, many posts will probably be old news to a lot of folks (there
was a time four years ago where my post might have been (CT: xargs!), no
harm in sharing the love, right?  Let me know what you guys think.

John