[ale] Big win for gentoo

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Aug 30 13:59:18 EDT 2002

Gentoo just did something that impressed me.  Something you may not know
about Konqueror (the KDE browser0 is that it can browse man pages and
info files.  entering "man:tar" or "info:tar" into the Location entry
field should bring up the man page of info file, respectively, for tar.

Well, I've been using Konqueror for a while now, and I'm sure that I
once had a computer that they both worked on, but for the last year
neither mandrake nor redhat has supported "info:tar" for me.  I think
Debian did, but I won't swear to it.

When KDE finished emerging on my gentoo laptop, I tried it and it
works.  I can browse info files with Konqueror!  At long last.

--Michael

---