[ale] gentoo term question

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Aug 29 16:30:02 EDT 2002

kewl!

Also, just in case you weren't aware (you have read all of 'man emerge' and
'emerge --help', right? ;), I always do a -p (--pretend) before emerging
anything - it is a very good habit to get into, for instance:

emerge -p vim

will show you everything that emerge will install, without actually doing
anything.  Great for making sure an emerge is gonna do *just* what you want.

Charles

---