[ale] weird scsi behavior...

da Baraon dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 28 03:27:47 EDT 2002

Anybody know why slack 8.1 would suddenly not mount a SCSI disk, with an
entry in fstab:  /dev/sda1 ext2 /home default 1 1?  It's baffling to me,
because all the scsi mods are loading, and I can mount it perfectly fine
*after* I login (or with a line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local), which shows all
the SCSI mods are loading.

I discovered this problem after rebooting- which I waited awhile to do.
 I had no such problem under slack 7.1.- and it's really annoying to me,
since the permissions/ownership of /home, and hence the directories
under it, are screwed by it not being mounted by the line in fstab...

Thanx...

---