[ale] slackware 8.1 install bug

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 27 20:59:07 EDT 2002

Joseph A. Knapka wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>Just located a bug in the 8.1 install. When installing from cdrom, it
>>could not locate the goods.  Turns out, the 8.1 iso has the code in a
>>directory named slackware.  Historically, it's been slakware, and the
>>install is still looking for that.
>

> Hrng?? I've done, like, ten 8.1 installs from cdrom and
> never had that problem. Hmm, were you upgrading and using
> the installer from a previous version?

When I downloaded the iso, there was a note on the slack web site that
said that there weren't any images on the cd, so I assumed I could use
the previous images.  I'm doing a brand new install on the ibm ps1 I
posted a question about earlier (couldn't get the case off).

Question is, is the installer on the cd or the root disk?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---