[ale] Favorite distros

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Tue Aug 27 13:38:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:44:33 -0400 (EDT), Byron A Jeff wrote:

>BTW I have exactly the same issues with Perl and its modules. It's not
>the fact that they are difficult to install, it's the fact that you have to
>spend time and energy locating, downloading, installing packages in a
>particular order in order to get an app to run.

Unless, of course, you learn to use the CPAN shell (see perldoc CPAN),
a.k.a. 'perl -MCPAN -e shell'.  It will detect that a module you're
installing needs modules you don't have installed, and can be set to
either prompt you, or to automatically download and install the needed
modules.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively