[ale] gentoo

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Aug 27 11:36:30 EDT 2002

Charles Marcus wrote:
> [...]

I missed the first error which was:

init/main.o In function 'smp_init':
init/main.o(text.init_0x55e): undefined reference to 'skip_ioapic_setup'

There's another error following this one the references kernel.o, but
the first error is generally the culprit.

I've located the reference to skip_ioapic_setup and figured I could
correct the error by turning off the apic stuff in the kernel build
config.  So that's what I'm going to give a fly now.

I'm going to check the source (smp_init) I'd suspect has something to do
with smp processing which I did not check in my config setup.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---