[ale] gentoo

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Aug 27 10:23:10 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 09:07, Geoffrey wrote:
> make menuconfig
> make .... :)

I have to say that my Gentoo kernel build was probably the fastest
kernel build I've ever done.  maybe this optimization stuff has
something going for it.  I've never bothered to build glibc and gcc for
686.  Even Mandrake only builds the packages for pentium, not pentium
II/III.

My computer at home is compiling emacs while I'm at work.  Fun fun.  I'm
thinking of not putting vi on it--I've never had a michine without vi
before.  Oh boy!

--Michael

---