[ale] OT- Transition to fast access

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Mon Aug 26 17:23:03 EDT 2002

No offense, but I highly doubt it.  Every distance requirement I've ever
seen for ADSL is a *maximum* of 18,000 ft from the CO.  Anything more and
they won't even try - much less give you 1.5Mb down.  ADSL is very distance
sensitive, so if you are at 17,500 ft, there's no way you'll get 1.5Mb
speeds.

Maybe you're using some kind of new implementation or technology, but I
would think some of us here would have heard about it before now...

> If Bellsouth's fast access site says you qualify, you can
> get something reasonable.

Yes, but to qualify, you must be within 18,000 ft.  Are you sure you're not
at 3,650 ft?

Charles

---