[ale] Favorite distros

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Mon Aug 26 12:44:03 EDT 2002

What's potato?  Why did that hook you?

Best regards,
Matthew Brown, President
CorData, Inc.
O: (770) 795-0089
F: (404) 806-4855
E: matthew.brown at cordata.net

-----Original Message-----
From: phrostie [mailto:pfrostie at yahoo.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 12:33 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] Favorite distros

> (4) Debian. We hates it, me precious. My one and only
> Debian install was confusing and disastrous. But that
> was before the whole apt revolution, so maybe I should
> give it another try.
i'm currently a debian addict.
i've run RH on and off since 3.0.3, MDK since 5.0, TurboLInux(PHT) since
4.0,
and throw in a Suse and Caldera(1.0, 1.2,,) somewhere in between.
almost all had things i liked.  but after a while they become a pain to
keep current.

yes, i'd been scared away from debian by the installs several times.
last year i finally got potato to install.  i'm hooked! i might try some
of the debian based dists like libranet, but i can't see wondering far
from the tree.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---