[ale] [OT] AJC Article on State Welfare System

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Aug 26 11:37:53 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 11:38:55AM -0400, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> OK, well, along those lines, do we need to start with the user
> interface?  Some have already suggested (by way of implication) a Web

No.  Even the UI is several stages beyond where we are now.

To build the UI, you need to know what data will be represented; what
actions will be performed on the data, and that sort of thing.

You need to know the _purpose_ for the system, and what it intends to
accomplish.  You need a system specification, or rather, a functional
spec of the system.  Something along these lines:

 This system shall:

   Allow case workers to be able to pull up the following information:
     name, date of birth, current address, and the current pollen count
   Every administrative action shall be be logged and permenantly
     attached to the case record.
   etc etc etc

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344

 PGP signature