[ale] Gentoo: the good, the bad, the ugly

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Mon Aug 26 10:32:38 EDT 2002

This begs a question for me...  Can you guys rate the distros for your
own personal uses?  I am a good sysadmin, but I'm no guru at it, so I'd
prefer a good, clean stable install that I don't have to build from
source.

Maybe we could have an impromptu poll...  Without any flames (no one is
interested REALLY in why RedHat sucks or why SuSe should dominate
everything and everyone else should die.  We just want to know what you
like and the POSITIVES about it.)...  Something like the following
(Please don't actually look for these!)...

I prefer the following distros in order.  My experience level is rocket
scientist.  I deal mostly with servers and apps, never with end users.

1.	Pegleg Linux	-	 I like it's default admin tools
2.	Snafu Linux		-	It installed quick and clean
3.	Polyps Linux	-	For every download someone performs they
actually torch an unopened WinXP package on TV
4.	Orange Tie Linux	-	They're like those other guys,
only snappier!

I have never used Bobo Linux, Flaming Pink Cadillcal Linux, etc.

Best regards,
Matthew Brown, President
CorData, Inc.
O: (770) 795-0089