[ale] undelete on ext3

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Aug 25 11:40:30 EDT 2002

Date:  Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:58:12 -0400
From: "Geoffrey" <esoteric at 3times25.net>
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] undelete data ext3

 Christopher R. Curzio wrote:
 > It wasn't on ext3, but he's using ext2 undelete methods.

 True, and I think we've pretty much determined that all the information
 out there says this can't be done.  I've yet to hear anyone actually
 try it though.  Drew did indicate he would try it, so I'm interested in
 hearing how that goes.

Yes, I am going to try. I refuse to lose the data because even on Windows, I
have not lost this much data in all my years of using computers. I am
prepared not to use the drive for years (when an undelete utility should be
available) to save the data. At this point, I am not willing to pay $400. I
hate to be the first to explore this theory because I don't have the skillwz
- however, wit y'alls help, I'll give it a go.