[ale] Running Windows programs on Linux (with sound support)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sat Aug 24 20:38:15 EDT 2002

Guys,

I start class Monday for a remote masters degree at Kennesaw, and one of
the requirements is to have a pc headset with a microphone (for
interaction during class).

Unfortunately, one of the pieces of software they use requires IE and
Powerpoint.  I have Win4Lin 3.0, so I thought I had this covered.  Got
my pc headset in from Amazon this morning and plugged it up, only to
find Win4Lin 3 doesn't support sound input...only output.

So, was wondering if anyone had any ideas.  I really don't want to have
to go back to a dual boot.  If anyone out there is using Win4lin *4.0*,
or Codeweavers' Crossover Office, could you check if sound recording is
supported under either?

Thanks!

John

---