[ale] Linux the $400 Operating System

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Aug 21 16:53:56 EDT 2002

Hey, don't tell me what to do!  I'll make a fool of myself if I want to!

;)

> There were two of us on extension phones during
> that conversation, one of whom was the owner of
> the business - the same man who had paid for the
> support contract.  I can give you his name and
> phone number.  Even tho it has been 4 or 5 years
> since that happened, he was mad enough that I'm
> sure he still remembers the conversation. He may
> still have the cancellation letter on file.

Guess I should have been more clear, as someone else emailed me privately
about this...

I was *not* saying that the conversation didn't take place.  What struck me
as ridiculous and brought the whole story into question was the notion that
you returned the equipment after just one bad support call.  No mention of
talking up the chain of command (asking for supervisors, etc), no multiple
calls, nothing - just one bad tech support call experience, so you returned
the product.

Hell, I wouldn't have *anything* if I returned it because of one bad
experience.

I have bad experiences with all kinds of tech support (and yes, I *have* had
bad experiences with Apple - but I am always able to get past them and
finally get someone with half a brain on the phone, even if I have to call
back the next day), but I have never returned something after just one.  It
would have to be a series of bad experiences, with many different people,
1st level, and their supervisors.

Charles

---