[ale] Linux the $400 Operating System

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Wed Aug 21 14:47:28 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 01:07 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:35:09AM -0400, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
>
> I have also spent countless hours trying to solve Win2k problems.
> After paying for some Microsoft "technical services", their best
> suggestion is to reinstall everything.
>
> Bao

That's more useful than the "help" we got from Apple's customer assistance
(we had paid for a year's supply of this, $150 or something)

Problem: networking not working;

After checking that we had reloaded the OS (repeatedly), and checking
the model numbers of all the Macs on the net, along with name, rank
and serial number of every piece of hardware we owned, the final
question was "are you using Apple wire?"

me: "Huh?"

"Are you using Apple wire?"

After admitting that we didn't actually know *who* manufactured the wire
in the walls, we were told "Sorry, we can't help you if you aren't using
Apple wire. <click>"

Yes, we did indeed demand our money back.

Irv

---