[ale] Best Desktop Env or Distro for Windows users?

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 21 12:47:35 EDT 2002

Thompson Freeman wrote:

> On 2002.08.21 10:43 Charles Marcus wrote:

I guess that leaves Microshaft out. I mean, I think the
success of Windows has demonstrated that users can get
used to *anything*, up to and including regular bluescreens
and rabid weasels gnawing on their ankles. Even if they're
a "captive audience" in an initial switch to open-source,
I would think the same principle would apply, and that
eventually the less-aggressive open-source beasties - and
lack of continual crashing - would capture their hearts
and minds.

Cheers,

-- Joe
  "I'd rather chew my leg off than maintain Java code, which
   sucks, 'cause I have a lot of Java code to maintain and
   the leg surgery is starting to get expensive." - Me

---