[ale] Linux the $400 Operating System

Matthew Brown matthew.brown at cordata.net
Wed Aug 21 12:15:57 EDT 2002

Oddly enough, just last week I lost a 2 GB file on a Windows box.
Completely unrecoverable.  Oh, and the backups, which hadn't
successfully caught the file for 30 days, were useless to us.  Why
didn't the client's administrator know about the lack of backup?  Well,
they thought everything was going fine since the GUI said "Successful".
Had they known more of what they are doing, they would have known that
"Successful" can mean different things, even on Windows.

The article reminds me of someone who shoots himself in the foot, then
blames the gun.

Best regards,
Matthew Brown, President
CorData, Inc.