[ale] Best Desktop Env or Distro for Windows users?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 21 09:46:10 EDT 2002

Matthew Brown wrote:
> You know, I've always used RH, but I was at a client recently that uses
> Mandrake, and it looks REALLY easy.
>
> But the distro doesn't matter, just make sure they're using GNOME.  :)

Although I noted I am a Gnome user, I'd recommend kde for it's similar
look and feel to Windows.  It just reduces your pain a bit.

Also, for such a size conversion, have you considered contacting RH or
Mandrake for assistance?  They might be able to put together a custom
deal for you, I don't know.  Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---