[ale] dsl misc.

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Aug 21 07:43:07 EDT 2002

Charles Marcus wrote:
> I've always used the Linksys DSL routers - never had a problem with them...
>
> and yes, they fully support PPPoE and allow you to provide a
> username/password for the PPPoE login.
>
> Any of the major brands will be fine, though - they all support PPPoE.  I
> think Netgears also comes with a Print Server port.  I'd check them all out
> if I were you.

Routers? Linksys? Netgear? WTF?  Why buy more HW when you have that perfectly good'ol 486s and those 10MB lan cards left over from yesteryear?  Life/Linux is an adventure!

If you don't have enough old HW laying around, please see Chris or Ed, who seems to have a groundswell of oldies but goodies ;-)

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith

---