[ale] midnight commander's undelete

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Aug 20 10:03:11 EDT 2002

The very first time I used it, I did *not* umount the partition. It seemed to
"work" too - it did something.

If that error invalidates this box - I can re-install. I am on my testdrive.

Next, I read the directions more closely, and I did umount the partion and I
get the error as illustrated below. Today, I restarted the box and umounted
and got the same error. I have (of course) created "test files" that were
deleted - so that I could see them reappear, and none have ever come "back."
If they came back, where would they go? What to do?
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

(opinion: if you are going to have a button that is marked "undelete" and one
of the steps to undelete is to umount, then - as a decent programmer - why
not make the button umount before running subsequent commands?)