[ale] OT: replacement for audio galaxy

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Aug 20 10:18:06 EDT 2002

John Wells wrote:

>What linux-friendly sharing programs have you had success with?

I enjoy LimeWire.  I found it easy to use, and Free (GPL).  It is both
commercial and GPLed.  If you get it from limewire.com but don't pay it
pushes ads at you.  If you get the source from limewire.org it has no

It is a java ap, so it tends to be pretty memory hungry.  It is a
gnutella client so you end up in the same network with all the bear
share and morpheus people.

There is a fairly active developers mailing list.  I never joined the
users mailing list, but I think there is one.

--Michael

---