[ale] (OT - Way OT) Pre-emptive baseball strike

Kilroy, Chris Chris.Kilroy at turner.com
Sun Aug 18 19:55:11 EDT 2002

I'm not at all happy about this potential strike; however, the original post oversimplifies the situation dramatically.  To place the blame entirely upon the players union neglects quite a bit of the truth of the situation.  THe only impartial analysis of Major League Baseball's books, done by Forbes magazine, has shown that MLB is clearly lieing about their financial status.  THe players make boatloads of cash and so do the owners, this is about what portion of the the overall pie each side gets.

at any rate, i'm a big baseball fan who may have finally had enough.

-chris

>On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 11:25:39AM -0400, Irv Mullins wrote:
>
>>As it is, I prefer to give my money to someone who actually
>>earns it; for example, the folks who cook those great fajitas at my
favorite
>>Mexican place.....
>>

>Which would it be?
>
> -- Jsb
>

>---
>This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
should be
>sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---