[ale] great digital camera?

Bill Sirinek bill at sirinek.com
Sun Aug 18 12:25:06 EDT 2002

Someone already made the comment that with a flash card reader, all cameras
are linux compatible. Unless you have one with the memory stick, is there a
reader for those?

Get a camera that uses CompactFlash or Smartmedia. Then you can mount your
card just like it was a disk under linux, if you have a card reader. Using
USB directly from the camera to your linux box does work on certain cameras,
but its a pain and a bit slower.

Bill

On Sunday 18 August 2002 12:03 pm, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I am looking for a good digital camera that is compatible with Linux. I
> guess my resolution should be 800x600. I just want to take snapshots - like
> a 35mm camera or disposable camera would. Can anyone recommend a nice
> camera?

---