[ale] (OT - Way OT) Pre-emptive baseball strike

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Aug 18 11:25:39 EDT 2002

On Saturday 17 August 2002 11:27 pm, you wrote:

> On August 30th, a group of spoiled crybabies, who each get paid more in a
> year, for playing a kid's game, than you will earn in several lifetimes,
> will go on strike.

> What we are asking you to do is very simple - skip the games on August
> 29th. Don't go, don't watch, don't listen. It will not be much of a loss to
> you or me. The season will prematurely end the next day anyway. But when
> the players look up in the stands and see that we are angry, they may
> rethink their actions. Plus you get to save the money you would have spent
> which is more significant to you that  the tens of thousands of dollars a
> game means to the players.
>
> It's time we let them know, enough is enough!

Amen.

You've got to ask yourself, why pay good money to watch
a bunch of sweaty men play with their balls?  (Unless you like
that sort of thing, of course:)

IF admission were say, $2.00 a head, AND the hotdogs were good,
AND if the home team was made up of local players, it would be worth
the trip. As it is, I prefer to give my money to someone who actually
earns it; for example, the folks who cook those great fajitas at my favorite
Mexican place.....

Irv

---