[ale] Paranoia (was Re: [ale] OT: pc cameras and linux)

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Aug 16 10:49:54 EDT 2002

Geoffrey,

Thanks for the advice.  I actually telecommuted for Alltel for a long
while when I first moved to Atlanta.  I was very careful to make my
presence felt, as I know how perceptions can become shifted by the
slightest deviation...  I loved telecommuting and was much more effective
employee, but I left the company two years ago for a better position.
However, this better position is 25 miles from my home, which sucks!

My current employeer is very hesitant when it comes to telecommuting.  If
I was moving, say, to another state, he'd have no problem with it.  We
have a few people who do that currently, and do it quite well.  However,
he's stance is that if you're close enough to the office, you should have
to be here. I'm trying to change that.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

John