[ale] web and email hosting

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Aug 15 16:44:53 EDT 2002

phpwebhosting.com.  I love them.

Full Account Details

For $9.95 a month, you get the following:

    * www.yourname.com domain hosting (you must already have a registered
domain name - see note)

    * Fast Linux servers on our fully switched network.

    * [Nov. 2000] Our NOC is connected via an OC-12 Sonet Ring to three
major North American backbones (AT&T, UUnet and Global Crossing).

    * All servers are in a secure environment.

    * We do not use Cobalt rackservers. Our servers are currently 90%
custom-tuned Intel-based servers. The remaining 10% are quality Dell
servers.

    * We are not a reseller. We operate our own servers and all technical
support contact is made directly to our technicians. With
phpwebhosting.com you will not waste time dealing with a "middleman".
Note - you may resell our packages to your clients of course.

    * 125 Megs of Diskspace + more for free as needed
    * Un-metered Transfer - note: no hosting of porn, file archives,
warez, etc. allowed
    * Flexible DNS settings for alternate MX record(to use webmail
systems, etc.)
    * un-metered subdomains (yourchoice.yourname.com)
    * Wildcard DNS settings (*.yourname.com)
    * mod_gzip Content Acceleration installed on all servers (can be
disabled if your needs require it to be)
    * Full directory-level .htaccess usage(which includes...)
    * ...Password Protected Directories
    * ...Custom 404 Error pages
    * ...and more! Full server configuration! (allow override all)

    * SSH Access 24 hours a day (ssh is a secure replacement for telnet)
    * FTP Access 24 hours a day

    * It's finally here! Un-metered pop3 mailboxes!
    * unlimited name at yourdomain.com email aliases
    * unlimited email forwards
    * unlimited mailing lists
    * unlimited auto-responders

    * 1 MySQL Database
    * Additional MySQL databases as needed(no extra charge)
    * Use of php4 (as an apache module and as a cgi)
    * Use of SSI(server side includes)
    * Your own CGI-BIN directory and ability to run your own scripts
    * Use of Perl programming language, python, c, c++
    * Use of all standard Unix utilities
    * Reasonable use of crontab allowed - no jobs that run every minute, etc.
    * Background processes (which run continually), servers, bots, etc.
are not allowed

    * Access to raw access_log(combined format - includes referrer field)
    * Access to raw error_log
    * Analog Stats Log file analysis
    * Webalizer log file analysis

    * Access to web-based control panel
* Use of SSL(with our certificate or yours)

If you have more questions or need more specific information, please
contact us

To sign up, click here. Remember: we offer a full 30-day, 100% money-back
guarantee. You have nothing to lose by giving us a try!

Charles Marcus said:
> [...]

---