[ale] klez

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Aug 11 11:43:37 EDT 2002

On Sunday 11 August 2002 10:26 am, you wrote:
> To add to this issue, I received one this morning as well, which I
> forwarded to Jim because his email addr was in the Return-Path line.
>
> It appears there's a viri out there that is forging
> to/from/reply-to/return-path addresses.  The email I received was a
> bounce message showing me as the sender and sending it to ale.org.

See if any of them contain an X-Apparently-From: line in the
attachments. I have received 4 or 5 with different from\return-path
addresses, but all have the same X-Apparently-From address.
An address, I might add, that seems likely to be the true source
(a clueless person using AOL, who's not likely to even be aware
of anti-virus procedures)

Regards,
Irv

---