[ale] MX Record Questions?

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Fri Aug 9 10:09:14 EDT 2002

The solution depends on which MTA is used, but everything indicates
you are using sendmail.  In your sendmail.cf file, you will find
timeout options such as these:

O Timeout.queuereturn=5d
#O Timeout.queuereturn.normal=5d
#O Timeout.queuereturn.urgent=2d
#O Timeout.queuereturn.non-urgent=7d
O Timeout.queuewarn=4h
#O Timeout.queuewarn.normal=4h
#O Timeout.queuewarn.urgent=1h
#O Timeout.queuewarn.non-urgent=12h

You can change Timeout.queuewarn to a longer interval.  Note that if
not specified, the default interval is 4 hours.

If you are using an m4 configuration file, then you would need to add
something like this to the mc file:

define(`confTO_QUEUEWARN', 4h)

--Joe