[ale] Gentoo Linux install question

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Aug 8 06:33:06 EDT 2002

Well, it wasn't the fact you were using a K6-233 - unless you were trying to
use one of the i686 stage 2 or 3 tarballs, which I believe would result in
the error you describe.

Also, the heavy compiles *will* find bad memory that even a 48hr memtest
won't find, so another gret thing about Gentoo is, if you get everything
installed, you know your hardware is good too.

Charles

---