[ale] Blocking M$

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 7 10:46:17 EDT 2002

rather than trying to run the entire application on Wine(which may be faster
than you think) have you considered contacting codeweavers.  they may be able
(if there is enough interest) to create a Gimp wineplugin the same way they
created a netscape wineplugin.

> Oh, how I wish this were so.
> I need to use Photoshop and the Gimp is just not ready for
> prime time yet. I regularly have to work with large
> graphic files (>200mgb) and I think the speed hit from
> any of the emulators currently on the market (even _if_ they
> could handle Photoshop) would be excessive.
> For the record, Gimp can't handle Photoshop plugins and I
> can't afford to lose that much functionality.
>
> Sean
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux