[ale] gentoo lunix? <-subconcious spelling error?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Aug 7 09:37:14 EDT 2002

This is all true enough, but except for specialized workstations that
require lots of memory and processing power, ie, for the typical office
setup, I wouldn't setup individual workstations anyway - it just doesn't
make sense, with the availability of LTSP.  Makes maintenance completely
painless, and as long as you keep a few spare machines in a closet
somewhere, you can support this kind of setup remotely easily, especially
with an advanced package management system like Portage.  This makes Gentoo
an ideal distro for all your needs, because, obviously, you would also want
your specialized workstations to be optimized, which again calls for Gentoo.

Charles

---