[ale] Blocking M$

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Aug 7 09:15:58 EDT 2002

I'm not sure there is an easy cookbook to use for this. You could start
by disallowing network access past your firewall from the M$ machines
that is anything but HTTP:requests. You will need to read payloads as
well as packet headers. You will need to block PUTs and POSTs. In short,
you will need to destroy any usability the M$ boxes have network-wise.

Recommendation: Linux makes a great replacement for everything M$. If
it's not available under Linux, do you really NEED it, or just want it?
Quicken is now supported under CrossoverOffice, Quickbooks is also
working now. (Sql-ledger is pretty good for a Linux-native accounting
package)

If the issue is games, dual boot with network unplugged.