[ale] gentoo lunix?

Bill Sirinek bill at sirinek.com
Wed Aug 7 00:22:43 EDT 2002

I'm a Debian sid user who's temporarily playing around with Gentoo until
Debian gets back in gear and releases an official KDE3 and updated GCC in
sid.

Gentoo and Debian are nice systems for people like me who want ALL their
installed software to be under package management, but at least with Debian,
I dont have to waste my time building stuff. If I wanted to do that, I'd run
Slackware or something. I've got better things to do than sit and wait for
software to build all day for what's AT BEST a minor performance improvement.

It really boils down to how much time you have and how you feel about building
from source rather than downloading binaries.

Bill

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 07:52 pm, miguel wrote:
> anybody running this distro? any stories...?
>
> -Mig
>

> ---
> be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---