[ale] Key signing

Ed Landa elanda at xeme.com
Tue Aug 6 08:30:28 EDT 2002

> > Is anyone interested in doing a PGP/GPG key signing session at an ALE meeting?
>
> 	As the main topic or as a side activity?  A full blown keysigning
> party can be quite time consuming.  Having attended a couple and organized
> one in the past, it takes some preparation before hand, as well.

I've actually never gone to an ALE meeting, so I'm not sure how many people
usually turn up (or would turn up for a key-signing).  I'd be willing to do all
of the prep work.

Maybe the keysigning could be accompanied/preceeded by a talk on public-key
technology?

There hasn't been much response/interest, so it might just be a matter of a
few people getting together after the meeting... :(

Ed

PS - For people wanting more info on key signatures and key signing, a good
section of the PGP FAQ is at http://pgp.rasip.fer.hr/faqs/pgp/faq6.html#6.7

 PGP signature