[ale] Dual cpu mobo deal

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Aug 2 08:49:23 EDT 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 01:42:05AM -0400, George Johnson wrote:
> Does Linux support these mobos along with the RAID IDE controllers?  It does
> look tempting with dual P3 1.13 GHz cpus.

Yes, and yes.

But that said, don't use those "RAID" controllers.  Use Linux's software
RAID instead, as it's more reliable and trustworthy.

If you want a real RAID controller, probably the best ones are the 3Ware
7000-series.  The only Promise card that's any good is the SX6000.

(typing this from a machine with a 5x120G RAID5 array on a SX6000 card)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
I'm not broke, but I'm badly bent.                         ICQ #1318344

 PGP signature