[ale] Laptop Questions

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Aug 1 17:19:53 EDT 2002

Joseph A Knapka wrote:
> cfowler wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm hoping I could get some good feedback here.  I went to CompUSA to
>>look at Laptops.  But it is so hard determining if Linux works on them.
>>I'm thinking about the Toshiba Satellite system.  Can someone here give
>>me advise on purchasing a new laptop to run Linux on.  I'm looking to
>>spend around $1500+ so I get a *good* and *fast* one.  I do not want to
>>be locked down to winbloze.
>>

> To narrow the field, you could walk in with a TomsRootBoot disk
> in your pocket and see how many of them will at least boot to
> a bash prompt. Should give the sales staff something to think
> about ;-)

Boy wouldn't that be a fun thing to do one day, say at Best Buys?  Walk
in with a handful Tom's r/b disks, slap them in all the floppy drives
and reboot the machines.  Better yet, don't reboot them.  They probably
shut them down at night and I'll bet the look at the floppy for boot the
next morning. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---