[ale] my monitor

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Oct 31 08:13:42 EST 2001

What version of X are you using?  If I recall correctly, 4.* will
attempt to determine these values for you when it creates the config
file.  It's not perfect as I had to tweek it for mine, but it did come
up running decent resolutions.

Your best bet, really is to research it with the maker of the monitor.
I've had good luck with a number of monitors in this way.

I hadn't noticed if you posted it or not, but how about the make/model?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport

---