[ale] funky characters

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Oct 30 06:53:53 EST 2001

    esoteric> I'm attempting to replace some funky characters that
    esoteric> were left in a text document when it was converted from
    esoteric> Word.  In place of apostrophes, there is (in vi) ~R
    esoteric> which vi sees as one character.  If I 'cat -evt file'
    esoteric> it's listed as: M-^R

        You want the `demoroniser' to remove moronic M$ ASCII chars.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/demoroniser/

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=

---