[ale] Debian-2.4 upgrade & ragged edges...........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Mon Oct 29 10:29:24 EST 2001

Greetings !

I've just did a "apt-get dist-upgrade" for 2.2->2.4 and now have a
number of conundrums.

1-on some graphics I get little squares instead of fonts

2-backspace key doesn't work, using ctrl-h temporarily

3-when I attempt to get mail [netscape from dselect] even though I've
entered the username I've been using for years, I keep getting a request
for entering a username through preferences, without retrieving email

4-insmod emu10k1..........[an SBLive! module, I hope :-)] I get
unresolved symbol errors and a comment that modules without a GPL
compatible license cannot use GPLONLY_ symbols

5-insmod aha152x io=0x340 irq=9...........produces -> no such device

6-insmod ieee1394 ---> no module found

Looks like quite a career ahead, huh ...:-),

Gratefully,

Courtney

---