[ale] HOWTO->run "LILO" from boot/root floppy ?`

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Sat Oct 27 11:52:32 EDT 2001

Greetings !

When I attempt to bootup, I get nothing but.......

	LI

and then the system hangs.

I have a boot/root floppy that was not created by Debian-2.2_v3, which
is what I'm running, but can be used to mount /dev/hdc1 [/].

When I boot the floppy and try to run lilo, I get an error message that
1023 sectors are exceeded and therefore lilo is not updated.

I can't boot [I suppose] until lilo is updated, and I can't update lilo
because of the foregoing.

How do I exit this maze ?

Appreciatively,

Courtney