[ale] Go free or not to go free, this is the question...

jenn at colormaria.com jenn at colormaria.com
Thu Oct 25 14:30:21 EDT 2001

Mysql is most excellent if you want speed and ease of use.  It's great for
web applications and we run on it quite happily.

It is beginning to try to meet the requirements listed below, but IMHO
they're rushing it to production to compete with postgresql.  I would
definitely not recommend using any of the rollback or transaction new stuff
they've included recently...it isn't stable enough yet.  YMMV as always.

Does anybody run IBM's db that they claim works so great on linux?  We're in
the opposite boat...might be going from mysql to a 'real' database soon and
I'd love to know how the IBM product performs.

Cheers
jenn

> how about MySql?   This is an interesting topic, because I recently
> switch from MS SQL Server to Mysql.

---