[ale] Hard time with ram disks

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Oct 24 17:22:23 EDT 2001

I'm sending this email out but I believe I'm having problem with neomail
retrieving them.

I currently using a 2.4.10 kernel with 16mb ramdisks enabled.  I'm loading
only 4mb ramdisks.  I can get
one full filesystem loaded to /dev/ram7 but almost all the way through
configure the size of the ramdisk to only 4mb each?  should I change
kernels?

I upgraded from 2.4.2 because it appeared the kernel did not respect my us
of ramdisks it would overwrite them at any chance.  It usually protected /
but would destroy /usr

Thanks,
Chris

---