[ale] Any GRUB experts out there?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Wed Oct 24 10:39:13 EDT 2001

And I'm not talkin' 'bout food. :)

The new version of Red Hat (7.2) now uses the GNU Grand Unified Bootloader
(GRUB) as its default bootloader (lilo is still available). But instead of
having RH 7.2 install it, I installed the RPM package and am now trying to
figure out to to actually *use* the thing. In particular, I was trying to
use a GRUBbed boot floppy to start up WinMe, which is on my hard disk's
primary partition. But that seemed to fail. I haven't tried to load in
Linux with it yet. This was all just this morning, mind you. If it helps
out, I did RTFM (info pages, in this case) and followed the instructions
for booting into DOS/Windows.

Any takers?

---